Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Snow, French Toast, Winter Wonderland

Living North of Germany - Snow is not an often sight for me. If it snows it is gone pretty fast and the only times I saw big masses of snow were skiing. So I did not know why everybody was so excited about the snow storm which was expected on Monday. Jim even rescheduled a lot of our plans and we made preparations to sleep over at Bill and Karen's instead of driving back from where they live, out in the sticks.

We drove with Bill to their house early afternoon on Monday where it already started snowing nice medium flakes. We had a great time at Bill and Karen's house. We saw their new addition of the house which turned out great. Karen bought a new hybrid car and I'm wondering why this is not a big thing in Germany. I have to get more info on that.

While we were eating, drinking and making fun of Jim as always, it snowed. It snowed the whole night. The next morning I woke up at 5 a.m again and looking outside made me totally excited. Winter Wonderland. I hopped under the shower and at 6 a.m I was the only one awake with my camera alone in the snow, greeting the day and enjoying the wonderful atmosphere and landscape.



I was in the snow nearly to my knees. What fun!



Later Bill was snowblowing while we all enjoyed a hearty and great Breakfast - thanks Barbara - your French toast is delicious!!!



We miss you guys - Thanks a lot for your "hostility" :-) and all the wonderful presents. Love ya!

3 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger arianered said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger arianered said...

ok, now without typos:
it looks as if mercedes is coming out with a hybrid car soon, too. see spiegel (german):

http://www.spiegel.de/auto/aktuell/0,1518,345944,00.html

nice photos. hugs,
ariane

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger emily said...

Oh Nath! I really dislike snow. =-)
We got over 55 cm in December (around Christmas time!) and then I decided, only when I can ski do I like it! Thanks for the warm wishes on my job interview! Ich lasse meine Finger kreuzen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home