Saturday, February 26, 2005

Insulting on command

So, we are in New Jersey. While Jim had to fly via Frankfurt and Montreal with Air Canada, where he claims the crew was wearing lumberjack shirts and served only pancakes, I flew via Amsterdam with KLM, where the crew was wearing wooden clogs and they served only cheese. I didn't buy anything from the duty free hash cart though. :-)

When I arrived I had to go through the immigration procedure and as some of you know nowadays you have to give fingerprints and be photographed. So I pressed my left index finger on the machine and nothing happend. The immigration officer told me that my fingers were too dry and that I should rub my left index finger on my forehead. I looked at her with big disbelievement. I guess she doesn't know that pointing your index finger on the forehead means "You are crazy" in Germany. So there I stood making a gesture to the officer as if to say "Think, man, you are nuts"...at least in German. I wonder if the Germans behind me were suprised that I got waved through after insulting her.

Nat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home